Apr 4, 2007

EVERYDAY....

Just penned this in between studying... a sorta break between struggling with Ideology and Structuralism or the likes...

EVERYDAY…

Everyday…
I sit upon the very same wall.
Staring, gazing
Looking at the nothingness around it.
Everyday it’s the same routine.
I know I have to climb it daily
I know I have to sit and stare
But still that knowledge is not enough
‘Cos there is the fear of falling
Or hurt that I may have to bear.
What if I do not climb the wall some day?
What if I decide to penetrate the nothingness?
It will be a new experience
An entry to the unknown, a new door,
Made by my decision to stray.
The new way may be a dead end
Or a myth with monsters
But it’s different, I dare say,
Better than the wall
And its endlessness,
Better than the fear of falling.
The door opened may have just rocks.
But, a door has been opened
Leading me out of the nothingness…
Everyday…
Is now another day…
Taking me with my blindfolds
Allowing me to feel it
Everyday…
- © HAEM ROY 
3rd April, 2007

No comments: